Global Protection Management is a specialist in delivering security services to many types of facilities including educational campuses, commercial high-rise buildings and financial institutions. GPM has the demonstrated skills and capability to manage the staffing needs of any facility. The security division has developed a body of knowledge regarding the unique staffing requirements that security entails. This knowledge has enabled us to develop proven hiring practices which facilitate our ability to provide unparalleled service and flexibility.
GPM officers are carefully selected through our aggressive recruitment program managed by the Human Resource Specialist. Global Protection Management employs several practical and successful strategies to support the optimal staffing needs of your site:
- Use local media to advertise for qualified workers.
- Use local government agencies to identify and attract applicants.
- Attract current workers already employed at your facility.
- Use temporary agencies to provide applicants.
- Contact local professional organizations to advertise for qualified applicants.
In a labor market where good employees are hard to come by, solid recruiting strategies become essential. Losing good employees is a terrible drain on any company therefore GPM ensures we select the right candidate for your facility and the specific requirements of the job. We take the time to discuss the needs and wants of the officer to make certain we place the individual in the best situation possible for everyone involved.
Recruiting current employees involves the following steps.
Recruiting Current Employees with Client’s Approval
- Contract is awarded
- Formal letter sent to current officers inviting them to interview
- Schedule interviews
- Interviews conducted
- Screening process completed
- Formal offer of employment
- Welcome and orientation meeting
Each applicant shall meet the following standards:
- Have a Nationalization agreement to work in the United States;
- Be able to read, write and understand the English language;
- Meet physical and mental standards equivalent to those required of department police officers;
- Be capable of understanding and performing the duties and responsibilities of a security position;
- If the applicant served in the Armed Forces of the United States within ten (10) years prior to the date of application, the final discharge of the applicant from the armed forces must be honorable or general under honorable conditions;
- Be of good moral character by having no felony, misdemeanor or city ordinance convictions involving moral turpitude;
- Have no felony conviction, and in addition, for armed applicants, have no felony or misdemeanor convictions for domestic violence assault or have issued against them a full order of protection issued after a hearing by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Not be on probation as the result of any federal, state or city ordinance violation except probation assessed as a result of a violation of city traffic ordinances;
- Not be awaiting a court date or have any trial date pending on any arrest. Such persons will be denied until such time as the case or cases have been finally adjudicated;
- Have no prior revocation of a security license; and
- Be free of any type of chemical dependency.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy
Global Protection Management is committed to providing a drug-free and alcohol-free work place. We strive to promote the health and safety of our employees, protection of GPM and Client property, prevention of abusive behavior related to drug and alcohol consumption, and the preservation of an environment that encourages positive work ethics. The purpose of GPM policy is twofold:
- To communicate the concern GPM has for the health and safety of its employees and
- To comply with the DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE ACT OF 1988 and all other pertinent federal, state, and local regulations regarding substance abuse in the workplace.